July 15, 2008

Clarification and Addition

So I saw the Happy Birthday truck the other day. I had only heard it in the past, not seen it, and was told it sprayed water. Today I saw that it is a dump truck, so don’t spread terrible lies about Chinese water trucks, on account of me.

The other night I was walking home from a friend’s house at about 10:30 at night and was talking to Heather on the phone, I was just below the building and Heather was watching me from our 4th story window. I stopped and we were talking to each other and looking at each other. In my mind I was picturing this moment to be like a romantic movie where the main characters express their deepest love for each other in the light of only the moon and street lamps. So as a joke I yelled up too her (since not many people speak English) “I love you!”, “will you please take me back!”. Satisfied with the moment and laughing inside I began to walk again, when I noticed a foreigner walking in front of me…. I’m sure that she understood English and I felt foolish.