November 28, 2014

The 26th.

I've told this story many times before, but a new wrinkle has been added.

The day we met Lily and brought her home her foster mom was with us. When we met her I asked her when Lily's birthday was. She told me it was the day they found her at the train station, May 4th. My jaw dropped. I was so excited because that's my birthday! Then my translator explained that it was actually May 10th, not the 4th. The misunderstanding came because of this woman's accent and how similar she said 4 and 10.

My friend told me that that the orphanage has the final say in choosing her birthday.

A week later we called the orphanage and found out that her birthday was going to be November 26th. My jaw dropped. Because that's Heather's birthday! And that has been the day for the past four years.

Well as we were nearing the end of our adoption process we found out that our visa appointment for Lily, was going to be on November 26th, Heather and Lily's birthday!

So we had the appointment the other day and it went well. For Thanksgiving we took the kids to the zoo and had BK for dinner. Today Heather is picking up Lily's passport and visa. Tomorrow we get on a plane heading to the States.

much love,
the petersons

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the completion of Lily's adoption! We know it's been a long road for you guys, and we are so happy for you. Hope your time in the states is refreshing. May you have an extra joyful Christmas season :)

    ReplyDelete