10. For my 10 spot I really couldn’t pick one, but I couldn’t leave the list at just 9 either. So here are a handful of movies that are a cut above the rest, but not by themselves at #10: Meet the Robinsons, Up, Ratatouille, Robots, A Bug's Life, and the Veggie Tales movies.
9. Cars - I haven’t seen the second one, but I loved the first. If you haven’t seen the short movies starring Mater, don’t, they’re terrible.
8. Monsters Inc. - Love this one. It's funny and creative.
7. Wall-E - I really like this one. The problem is that my kids really don’t. So a common plea from me might sound like this “Pleeeeeaaase can we just watch Wall-E?” my children’s response is something like this “nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo” (said in a whiney tone).
6. How To Train Your Dragon - Really funny movie and really creative. It’s a little scary and so my kids don’t always want to watch it.
5. Despicable Me - This is one of (if not the) funniest movie on this list.
4. The Shrek Movies - I loved 1 and 2, but the 3rd Shrek wasn’t very good at all. I thought that the final Shrek movie though was pretty good, but there are some scenes that I have to skip because the kids don’t like them.
3. The Toy Story Movies - I liked all of them, 1, 2 and 3. They are classic movies, with classic lines and really funny. Even though the 3rd Toy Story movie was a little bit scarier, I still liked it. These stories are told so well and I think they are really creative in imagining a toy world with toy problems (like Andy not wanting to play with them anymore, getting sold in a garage sale and the new presents bumping off the old ones.)
2. Mega Mind - Such a good movie! I love hero movies, redemptive movies and funny movies; this movie is all three of those. My favorite line from this movie is when Mega Mind confronts Titan by saying "I can't believe you. With all your gifts, all your powers and you... you squander them for your own personal gain." That challenges me, because all of us have gifts, talents and abilities, but do we use them for our gain or to help others?
1. Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 - Any night that our kids pick one of these two movies to watch, it’s gonna be a good time. I love the stories and I love seeing Po grow into being a hero. It’s funny and the fight scenes are pretty entertaining. To be honest, I didn’t like 2 that much when it first came out, but the more I’ve seen it, the more I’ve liked it (and it's inspiring a blog post for the future). I really hope they make a 3rd one!
That’s it, this is my list. What's your favorite kid’s movie?