May 12, 2010

Sharing About China and Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother’s Day! Oh, wait, that was how long ago? Oh no, I have to go make a phone call.

I know its a few days late, but let me start off by saying “Happy Mother’s Day”. We had a wonderful Mother’s Day full of fun, laugher and Pizza Hut pizza. Really, it was everything you could ask for on such a special day. Being a parent is hard work, and easily the most important job we will be handed in our lifetimes and it’s a wonderful thing to take time and recognize the job our Mothers have done. Thank you to each of you wonderful mothers!

Heather and I had the most amazing time today sharing about our family and China. It was with a group of women who meet every two weeks to have lunch and have a guest speaker share with them. We were the lucky ones who got to share with today’s gathering. Sometimes it amazes me at how fortunate Heather and I are; we are constantly meeting the most wonderful people. Today was no exception as this group of women gave us a wonderful welcome and even listened as I shared about China and our lives there (It also amazes me that people will actually listen to me, that’s a joke). Afterwards, we answered questions, sold some of our cards for our friend’s orphan project, and spent some time getting to know those who came. It was a real treat.

I hope that our fortune continues and that we can continue to find people willing to listen to us… which is tough, even our own family tunes us out most times (again, that’s a joke).

I hope that each of you are doing well, thanks for stopping by,

The petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment