October 2, 2010

A Quick Goodbye

Well if you’re reading this and thinking “Why the blog neglect Matt?” the answer is simply this “We leave for China today, YAY!”

We’ve been super busy these past couple weeks squeezing in as much time with family and friends as possible; not to mention doing our best to prepare for our move back to our home in the East. Things got a little tense in the past few days as Heather came down with a painful infection. The doctor did his best to scare her into thinking her life would be ruined if she didn’t postpone our trip to China. But in the past 48 hours she has dramatically improved and we feel confident in leaving as planned.

I really wish I had done a better job recording all that we’ve done lately, but to be honest, I haven’t had much time. I will write a quick list of all we’ve done; gone to the Como Zoo, the Raptor Center, a Vikings game (that was just me, thanks Darren!), celebrated birthdays that won’t be spent in person, shot a bow and arrow (OK that was just Sydney and I), went to a gun club shooting range (again, just me), gone to movies, ate amazing American cuisine (Chipotle, Solo’s pizza, Papa John’s and Papa Murphy’s, ect.)… I can’t think of anything else…

I have some good kid stories, but they will have to wait.

We leave tonight and are dreading the 24 hours of travel time with 3 kids and enough luggage to embarrass Paris Hilton (OK not that much). We very much enjoyed our time in America and are excited about the next season of our lives.

Much love everyone, we’ll update you when we get to China,

The petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment