February 24, 2011

Goodbyes, Cuteness, Funny kid stories, and Pictures

Well this week we were able to have a good friend (Heidi) visit us here in China as well as a new friend (Troy). It was a great time having them here and showing them around Xian. It’s kinda a fun feeling to be the tour guide in another country, especially when you use another language and look like you’re a pro or something. I would say the highlight for me was when we took them and some of our other friends/family to eat Beijing roast duck, which, if I may say, is my favorite Chinese meal. We had a great time with lots of laughs, followed by a walk past the Big Goose Pagoda and finished off with some ice cream at DQ. A good night, with great people. Although that was the highlight, we had such a good time just hangin out at our apartment and catching up, ect. Thanks guys for making the trip out here. Sorry Troy if the food was too spicy.

Having Heidi and Troy here though did bring peace to one particular situation that Heather and I need resolved. What happened was this, one afternoon, Sydney, Lily and Aubrey were all playing together. They were playing a game where they would roll out of there playhouse onto a pillow (each time defying the odds of not breaking their necks). Anyways, Sydney couldn’t really play the game, because she’s too big. So I told her that she was too big and it wouldn’t be fun for her. She started to pout and said “I’m just going to go look out the window by myself” and ran off to the living room where she did exactly what she said she would do. I thought it was HILARIOUS, so I told Heather the story and that I was going to put it on the blog and she looked at me cold as ice and said “that’s not funny”. I was confused, because I thought it was so funny. Luckily, the next day when I told Troy and Heidi (as well as Heather’s brother Dan) they all laughed and confirmed my suspicions, that this, in fact, was a funny story. Thanks guys for getting my back. Sorry Heather, maybe next time you’ll be right.

Heather did think it was funny though when she put Sydney in timeout one day and Sydney loudly exclaimed “You’re breaking my heart right now!”.

The last little story I will leave you with is a cute one from Lily. This morning when Heather got up with the girls, Lily ran to her, hugged her leg and in English said “I’m happy!” So cute. (Heather the day before was teaching her "happy" and "sad")

As always, I have more to write, but it will have to wait.

The Petersons






1 comment:

  1. I want to squeeze all of your children!!!

    ReplyDelete