February 9, 2012

Update, New Friends and the Fundraiser ends


Although I’ve gotten some posts up lately I haven’t written much about what our family has been up to.  We’ve had many people here reach out to our family to help Heather and I.  It’s been great to have such support.  Around two weeks ago a group of people came over to our house to watch our kids so that Heather and I could go on a date.  And we made the most of it, going on the longest date of our marriage (four hours).  It was a lot of fun to get out with Heather and reconnect as a couple.

This week we are excited to meet some new friends!  A while back a family that was planning to move to Xian came across our blog.  They wrote us an email with some questions and quickly we discovered that we had a lot in common.  Well they are moving to Xian and tonight my wife and I are going to the airport to pick up their family.  We can’t wait to get to know them in person, not just through emailing.

Also, it’s been about a month and our Little Fish Fundraiser is coming to an end.  Our goal was to raise $800 and in the end you guys smashed that goal by raising $1,138!  Thank you everyone for giving and helping spread the word.  If you still want to donate money to the Little Fish just shoot me an email.  In the future I would like to try and keep everyone updated on how their work progresses.

"Sisters looking cute."
(Heather took this one and I love it.)

Much love everyone,
Matt, Heather, and the crew


2 comments: