April 20, 2012

The Kids and Life Lately

Caleb has gone from hardly being able to crawl only a couple months ago to climbing up, on, and over everything in sight. He is an explorer right now and keeps us chasing him around. It’s so cute too, because he’s starting to say some simple words and in Chinese! He will say things like “bu”, which is “no” in Chinese and "bu yao" which is "I don't want it". He also says "Shoes" and "Please" in English.

Ellie’s English is really coming along. I can’t believe how much she can say and how well she can speak. It’s cute to continue to see her become herself.

Sammie has the most wonderful smile and is so fun to be around. Honestly he’s taken more time to adjust to our home, but every month he blossoms more and more.

The girls, Sydney, Aubrey and Lily have all been out of school for the past few weeks. Their school had an outbreak of the mumps. (Don’t worry, they are all caught up on their vaccinations.) It’s been tough for them not having school, but this week they are supposed to start back up.

So last week I did something that I’ve never done before. I started lecturing in a Chinese University! That’s right, last week I started the first of eight lectures I will be doing. I have around 70 students and each lecture is an hour and a half. I felt like the first session went well; I talked to them about their value and how each of them is special and unique. And why we need to have a healthy self-image. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was the first person to tell some of these students that they are valuable, that they matter, and that they are special. It’s a great opportunity to serve and love these students. This week the teacher invited some other teachers to also attend my class. We talked about the influence others have on our self-image. (This lecture series is with the Red Cross work that I do here.)

Now that I’ve gotten all of that out of the way let me tell you about what you really care about; Heather and how she’s feeling. Well these past couple weeks she’s been sick and tired, which is good; it means everything is going how it should. She went to have an ultrasound last week and it turned into one of the worst days she’s had in China. Hopefully we can go back in the future to get another one. She’s already a little over ten weeks!

much love,
the petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment