March 4, 2014

Hi Folks

Hi folks,

It's been nearly a week since I finished this past term of teaching. During the Chinese New Year we teach almost everyday since our students aren't attending public school. We are now on break for the next 2 weeks. I've been incredibly blessed because right now I'm teaching at a school that is a 6 minute walk from our house. So I can come home for lunch and I don't have to pay for a taxi to get to and from work.

My wife and I are looking at taking our family to a conference coming up in a few weeks. I will share more about it as we get closer.

I mentioned my kids going out to dance to make some money. Well this past week they did and made 22rmb (about $3.50). At one point a Chinese lady came up and dropped 5rmb in the bucket, which blew my mind. Most of the rest of the money came from our friend and her kids that were watching. Honestly, I was really proud of my kids, because they weren't afraid to get up in front of people and be themselves.

My little guy Caleb has had a couple funny lines lately that I wanted to share. Yesterday, he was sitting in front of our computer and he told me that he was pretending to be a doctor. Then this morning he ran up to me and said "You're not going to believe this" (I forget what it was that I wasn't going to believe, but the way he said it was so funny). A friend of mine recently said that he can't wait till Caleb grows up so he can hang out with him and I agree.

The other day our friend texted Heather to say that Aubrey is so much like Heather. To back her point she included this quote of Aubrey talking to her daughter "Oh, I like your poncho. You look so pretty in it." Our sweet little encourager Aubrey.

much love,
the petersons

P.S. In the past couple weeks we surpassed 100,000 pageviews since starting our blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment