March 20, 2014

The Train To Chengdu

On Saturday our family of 7 will be taking a 25 hour train ride to Chengdu. In case you think I wrote that wrong I will write it again. On Saturday our family of 7 will be taking a 25 hour train ride to Chengdu. Maybe you've heard the saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result" nope, its taking your large family on a long train ride. To be honest I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy taking the train and although this is nearly twice as long as our previous longest trip with kids, I think it will still be a good time. 

Our family will be going to a conference there for 5 days. Afterwards we are going to stay in Chengdu for a few days so that we can take Lily to see a foreign dentist there. He does incredible work and we're grateful that Lily will get to have some work done on her teeth. (A couple baby teeth haven't fallen out yet even though her second set is starting to come in and she also has some cavities). We will let you know how the trip goes!

Before I end this though let me share a couple cute and funny kid quotes from recently.

Recently Caleb and I were going to wrestle and he asked me “Can I hit you in the face?” while holding a balled up blanket. I replied “Yes you can hit me with the blanket.” Caleb then celebrated by saying “YAY!” This probably isn't the first time, nor the last, that someone will celebrate being able to hit me in the face.

Then the other day Sydney said something no other woman/girl in the history of the world has ever uttered. She said “I don’t need any more diamonds, per se.”

Here was another exchange with Sydney:
Me: Sydney did you know that on average women live longer than men?
Sydney: (said with a happy tone) Cool!

Finally last night while watching the Avengers Aubrey made this statement "The Hulk’s favorite thing is to smash, its not even to color". I had no idea.

much love everyone,
the petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment