November 2, 2008

A Lot To Report! (Part 1)

So, wow a lot has been going on lately. But I will start with what I'm most proud of. My wife has been down for a while when thinking about her birthday, because a lot of friends of ours here are going to be in the States during her birthday. So a few weeks ago I came up with the idea of throwing her a surprise birthday WAYYY before her birthday when her friends were still in town. Well today was the day for the surprise birthday (only about 3 weeks early!). It was setup like this, I had Jeremy and Jenny come over tonight for a couple of hours to watch the girls so that Heather and I could go out for dinner. We went to Pizza Hut and while we were out a dozen or so friends (Chinese and American) went to our apartment. By the time we showed up there were balloons scattered all over, flowers and (my favorite part) chocolate cake, cheese cake and ice cream!!! When we walked into the apartment everyone yelled "SURPRISE!", because that is what you do at surprise birthday's and Heather was in total shock. Her face was a mixture of "is this really happening" and "what is going on". After I explained to her that we were all there to celebrate her birthday I gained tons of points (which I already have tons of and to be honest don't know what to do with all of them). It was a blast and I'm glad it went well. Heather had no idea.

Other then that we also got to watch Levi this morning to give my brother and his wife a free morning, it was a lot of fun to have him here... he is a stud. Yesterday, Jenny (our sister-in-law) ran a half-marathon which was awesome. For those of you who have been reading our blog for a while this was the same marathon Heather was training to run in. But since her back and knee injuries she wasn't able to run it this year (sad face). She was super excited about doing it this year, and I know that if it weren't for injuries she would have done it.

Much love to all of you I'm hoping to post again in the next couple of days with all the other stuff I want to fill you in on... here's a preview, Sydney being Sydney.

until then,
matt, heather, sydney, and little aubrey