May 27, 2010

First Week on the Job and a Wedding

I’ve had many people asking me how the new job is going (that’s a lie, but I thought I should update you on it anyways).

I’ve been working with Safeway now for the past week and am truly enjoying it. It feels good to get to work and help my family get the finances we need to get back to China. It’s been a real blessing as I’m already getting around 40 hours a week and the store is close to Heather’s parent’s home. It’s so close, in fact, that I rode a bike there yesterday. It can’t be more than 3 miles to get there, but I still found myself struggling mightily. And I’m ashamed to admit it, but I had to walk the bike up two separate hills…

I did have one funny and awkward moment with my first week. While helping a person at the deli counter, another customer was in conversation with one of my co-workers. I was close enough to hear their conversation and catch this stunning confession “Last week I had some of this chicken and it gave me horrible gas”. (I’m debating if I should end that sentence with an exclamation point) I’m all for openness and honesty, but there are lines that need to be drawn when you’re shopping at your local grocery store. If it were her doctor’s office, sure, go ahead.

This week more importantly was about two people, Luke Enos (Heather’s brother) and his now wife Jennifer Pochop. They were married this past weekend and we had a great time celebrating with them. It was great to have tons of family all come out for the wedding, it gave Heather and I the opportunity to catch up with each of them. Congrats Luke and Jenny!

I will keep you updated on life as it happens.

The petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment