November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving and Funny Kid Stories

Hi everyone! How are you? Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving? Today we will have a handful of people over to celebrate with us and Heather is making a turkey. Needless to say, I’m pretty stoked!

It’s been a little over a week since I got home from a trip to Xining. I went there for a week to teach on relationships. It was a wonderful experience and I’m grateful for the opportunity to have done it. This was the most I’ve ever spoken/lectured using my own content and I was pretty nervous/stressed. In the end I was really encouraged by the feedback I got from the students. We’ll see if I get invites to teach again (I’m hoping that I do). While I was gone it was incredible how loving and supportive our friends here in Xian were to Heather. Many people chipped in to help Heather for the week I was gone. Dan (Heather’s brother) was especially helpful as he moved in for the week to help with the kids and serve Heather. I was incredibly blessed to hear of everyone helping my wife and kids. Thank you guys!

Here are a few funny stories from our kids lately:

Yesterday, Lily pointed to my gut and said “That kinda looks like there’s a baby in there” (or some slight variation of that). It made me laugh and cry…

This story happened a couple months ago when Sydney was sick. One night she managed to throw up into her throw up bowl next to her bed twice in a row. When Heather went into her room Sydney said “I threw up twice in the bowl tonight, praise the Lord.” HAHAHA sorry for the graphic detail.

Another moment like this came one night when we were eating dinner and Sydney started to howl “arrrrooooo” like a wolf and then said “That’s how wolves say, Thank you Jesus for this food.” Apparently she really liked the hot pockets Heather had made.

The last funny story comes at my expense and is actually from a fix-it guy who works in our apartment complex. One day after I bought my electric motorcycle he came up to me and asked if I weighed 200 pounds. I told him that I did and then in Chinese he said “Poor bike”. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Love boldly,

The Petersons

1 comment:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!!! Hahaha great quotes from the kids.

    Good to hear the family seems to be doing better. You guys are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete