September 15, 2012

We're In Xining!

Before I go another month without an update let me quickly get you caught up. We're in Xining! We got here this week.

We are staying in our friends guest apartment for the time being and are currently finishing/furnishing our two new apartments. Dan and I have been cleaning up garbage and overgrown weeds for the past couple days in the yards that are in front of our apartments. It's been fun to see our kids literally playing all day outside in our dirt yards (someday we will have grass... however, that day isn't today. Today we just have garbage left from our neighbors and weeds.)

Our stuff from Xian arrived yesterday so we're seeing our home coming together piece by piece. Next up is getting the apartments painted and putting tile in both the bathrooms and kitchen. We hopefully will start that this week. After that we put in floors and we're, as they say, gold.

I started teaching English today. I teach 12 classes a weekend right now and am really liking it so far. It's a similar setup to the one I had a couple years ago, so it's nice to come in with some experience.

And now for that which you really want to know. Heather and the pregnancy are both doing well! Minus extreme tiredness, heartburn, discomfort and difficulty sleeping that is. Thank you for all your prayers! We look forward to the day we get to meet this little guy!

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of things, but this will have to do for now. I will leave you with a classic Sydney quote.

Me: Sydney your Chinese is so good! (Or some slight variation)
Sydney: Sometimes my Chinese goes a little ghetto.
(Alternative translation "Sometimes my Chinese isn't very good.")

much love,
the petersons

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, setting up sounds a lot like what I had to do when renting in Indonesia. You sort of had to have "rose colored" glasses when house hunting none of them are ever "walk in" ready.

    ReplyDelete