January 5, 2012

Our Landlord and nearing 20,000 visits

A couple weeks ago our landlord stopped by and we decided that we were going to tell her we had three orphans living in her home. We’ve been nervous about how she would react and if she would allow us to stay in her home. When we told her she walked around our apartment to see how the rooms were set-up and what not. After she had completed her inspection she looked at me and gave me a “thumbs up”. That made me nervous because in China “thumbs up” is only done to express extreme displeasure. Just kidding, “thumbs up” in China is the same here as it is in the States. It was good to have her approve of how we are using her apartment (since she could ask us to leave if she didn’t approve).

So nearly four years ago we started this blog and we are nearing a milestone of sorts. In the next week or so we should hit 20,000 visits! It’s great to have so many people reading our stories and allowing us to share our lives with them. Here’s to the next 20,000!

Recently at bed time Sydney was asking me about what Jesus looks like. Afterwards she said “When you go to heaven, can you take a picture of Jesus and mail it to me?” I can’t even begin to imagine how much that postage would set me back.

Lastly, the other day I was talking on the phone with my friend Chris and Sammie was sitting on my lap. While I was talking, Sammie put his finger near my mouth and I kissed it. What I didn’t know was that Sammie had been picking his nose and had a little “extra” something on his finger when I kissed it. YUCK! I guess it comes with the job.

Much love everyone!

the petersons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment